Escaping Violent Encounters
We are pleased to continue to deliver high quality and relevant professional development oppportunities for the EMS providers of today. Workplace violence in Emergency Medicine is no doubt an epidemic.
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, an assault on a healthcare worker is the most common source of nonfatal injury or illness requiring days off from work in the healthcare and social assistance industry.
- Amost daily your EMS, Fire or Emergency Department staff are threatened, yelled at or physically assaulted by a patient, upset family member or bystander.
- We understand you are concerned about the response you or your provider would use in these particularly stressful incidents.
- The Escaping Violent Encounters program has been named an "industry best practice" by Risk Management / Safety Consultants.
- The Escaping Violent Encounters program provides superior Workplace Violence Prevention training affording staff the critical thinking skills to protect patients, staff and the agency